Social media is a powerful tool to promote brand, create relationships and be heard. With the popularity of Internet, millions of users around the world log in to social media sites each day and share information, as well as engage in communications. Whether you use social media personally or for your business, there are some things that you need to remember when posting on the web. Here are some of the best social media quotes that can help you understand more about it and become a responsible netizen.
10. “A Brand Is No Longer What We Tell The Consumer It Is. It Is What Consumers Tell Each Other It Is.”
The most powerful method of advertising is the word of mouth. When satisfied customers tell others about your excellent products or services, they believe them since their feedback is from their personal experience. But when they say something not so good about your company, this will be a huge blow on your brand. This is because opinions coming from previous clients are valued by others, who are your prospective clients. So you need to make sure that you strive to keep your clients happy so they can build your brand for free.
9. “What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas. What Happens on Twitter Stays on Google Forever.”
Tweets, especially those that are from celebrities and popular companies, must be thought of carefully. Controversial tweets can easily spread on the Internet. Even if they delete the post, the news will stay on the web through various sources. For instance, there are some stars that post scandalous photos on their accounts and remove them right away. But netizens are quicker in getting a copy so even if the images were deleted from the original source, it’s already too late.
8. “The Goal of Social Media is to Turn Customers into Your Personal Evangelist.”
This is somewhat related to the quote on number 10. Use social media to connect and build a relationship to your customers. By doing so, you are building a stronger name for your brand as they will tell people they know about your business and encourage them to try it as well.
7. “You are What You Tweet.”
Majority of people who reads your tweet do not know the real you. They might not even know you personally. Make sure that the messages you post on Twitter will not harm the image that you would like others to perceive of you. Whatever you tweet will say a lot about your personality, or if you are representing a company or business, your brand.
6. “You Can Buy Attention (Advertising). You Can Beg for Attention from the Media (PR). You Can Bug People One at a Time to Get Attention (Sales) or You Can Earn Attention by Creating Something Interesting and Valuable and then Publishing it Online for Free.”
There is no need to spend anything if you want to promote your brand. As long as you have a computer, an Internet connection and the drive to connect to your client, you can be successful. Find something that would be useful and interesting to your potential clients and use the social media sites to share about them.
5. “By Creating Compelling Content, You Can Become A Celebrity.”
You don’t have to be on TV or star on a movie to become well known and powerful online. People would still follow you if you share appealing and reliable content. You will get their trust and you will be a person of authority.
4. “If You Make Customers Unhappy In The Physical World, They Might Each Tell 6 Friends. If You Make Customers Unhappy On The Internet, They Can Each Tell 6,000 Friends.”
Customer satisfaction is important in building your brand. If clients are unhappy with your service, they would tell others about it and it could greatly affect your business. If they are social media users, this can become worse as what they say can easily reach thousands of people. But if you take care of your image and you keep your clients happy, the good words would also spread and more people would want to do business with you.
3. “Don’t Say Anything Online That You Wouldn’t Want Plastered On A Billboard With Your Face On It.”
Be careful what you post online. Anything you say can become a big issue and could be taken against you. If you do not want to be the talk of the netizens for something that would ruin your reputation, do not post something that would tarnish your name. As mentioned, even if you remove something that you post, there’s a big chance that other people have already posted or talked about it on their account. Once this happens, it will be impossible for you to control the damages that have been done.
2. “When Sexting Replaces Actual Sex, Then I Will Believe That Social Media Relationships Have Replaced Real, Face-To-Face Relationships. Get Out From Behind The Screen And Make Your Social Media Relationships Something More.”
Social media is a powerful tool to connect with others, whether it is for business or personal relationships. It is easier to update each other and share information through social networking. However, this is not enough in creating a strong and long lasting relationship. You still need to personally reach out to each other once in a while. A personal connection will strengthen the relationship between a client and business, as well as individuals with their families and friends.
1. “Social Media Provides Us The Opportunity To Think Before We ‘Speak’, Giving Us A Better Shot At Reasoned Dialog. So It’s Not A Huge Surprise To Me That Not Only Can Real Communication Happen, But Real Relationships Can Blossom.”
You should be responsible on what you post. This can make or break your name or relationship with others. The good thing about this is that you have plenty of time to think about what you want to say so it can be delivered in a clear and responsible manner. This can prevent miscommunication and can help build better relationships.